Early access to tiptap 2
Published January 12th, 2021 by @hanspagel
After a few months of intense development of tiptap 2, I’m proud of what we achieved. Philipp, and the whole team, is really doing an amazing job. The all-new tiptap is so much better than version 1, but I don’t want to talk too much here.
From now on, all sponsors are invited to the all-new tiptap 2. New sponsors will receive a personal invite automatically.
- With TypeScript and all the tests, the whole code base feels pretty stable
- The new extension API is so much easier to understand
- Global attributes make extensions even more modular (text alignment! font family!)
- The collaborative editing experience is taken to a whole new level (we’ll even provide a backend)
- Commands are chainable now 🤯
- and so much more!
Pls, share your feedback with us!
Have a look at the new documentation, the repository and start fiddling around with tiptap 2. We’re excited to hear what you think! Use GitHub issues, reach out on Twitter (https://twitter.com/hanspagel) or send a good old email to email@example.com!
All that would not have been possible without the support from the community, all those lovely sponsors funding our open-source work and the backing of überdosis. Thank you all! And thanks for hitting the Sponsor button on GitHub with so much love!
That said, we still have a lot on our roadmap: Publishing a dedicated collaboration backend, designing and building a new interface for tiptap 2, adding more and more extensions … Oh man, 2021 is going to be amazing.